About DUI Attorney Richard Lawson
Richard Lawson received his law degree from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. He is a former Georgia Prosecutor, Assistant District Attorney, and Assistant Solicitor General. Those experiences have allowed him to master both sides of DUI trials. His in-depth knowledge of tactics used by the Prosecution makes him extraordinarily qualified to build a superior DUI defense for your Brookhaven DUI case.
Richard has served as an instructor for the Institute for Continuing Legal Education and is also a certified instructor in the administration of National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) standardized field sobriety tests. As an experienced attorney, Richard has a network of legal professionals dedicated to DUI Defense at the ready for your case. He also continues to develop his skills as a DUI Defense Lawyer with continuing education courses on the newest developments related to DUI law.
Many attorneys in the phonebook are “general practitioners” and will handle a variety of cases. This makes them less effective when a case is particularly complex. That is not the case when you go to Richard Lawson for help. His law firm specializes exclusively in defending individuals charged with DUI offenses.
The Law Offices of Richard Lawson can help you with your Brookhaven DUI case and will provide a free initial review of your charges. After reviewing the specifics of your case, one of our Brookhaven DUI Lawyers can help you make the best decision for your circumstances. Call (404)-816-4440 or (770) 641-0100 to get your best defense underway!
Past Speaking Engagements
- Investigations in DUI Cases Georgia Private Investigators Association 2007
- ICLE Institute for Continuing Legal Education 2006
- Investigations in DUI Cases Georgia Private Investigators Association 2004
- DUI Defense Institute for Continuing Legal Education 2004
- Legal Ethics in a DUI Case ICLE Defense of Drinking Drivers Institute 2002
- Cross Examination Defending at DUI Case 2000
Past Awards and Honors
- Investigations in DUI Cases Highlighted Speaker Georgia Association of Private Investigators 2007
- ICLE Speaker- Teaching Lawyers DUI Defense ICLE 2006
- ICLE Teaching Lawyers DUI Defense ICLE 2004
- Instructor Defending a DUI Case Georgia Indigent Defense Council 2000
- NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Instructor NHTSA 2000
- Speaker Georgia Indigent Defense Council 2000
- DUI and Vehicular Homicide Course, Prosecuting Attorneys Council of Georgia 1996
- Phi Theta Kappa Award Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society 1990
Visit us on Facebook